The untimely death of Bollywood Superstar - Sushant Singh Rajput has led to many a conversation on depression and mental health throughout the country. The rising rate of suicides too forces us to really look into the mental well-being of not only those near and dear but ourselves too.
Studio 23 believes a change in your lifestyle can positively impact your mental health. Every individual is facing certain challenges in their life, it is just how you process it and make a conscious effort to overcome it, that makes the difference to your mental well-being.
A Lifestyle change can majorly affect your mental health. Some ways that overhauling your lifestyle can help to create a positive impact are below:
- Talk about your feelings - Talking about how you feel can positively impact your life. Talk to anyone, be it your parents, friends, colleagues who you trust. Sharing your feelings can bring another perspective to your life. At a point, you even realize that you are not alone and there are several who are going through the same thing.
- Be active - Experts believe exercise releases chemicals in your brain that make you feel good. Regular exercises can boost your self-esteem and help you concentrate and feel better.
- Eat well - Eating well is one of the most important lifestyle changes one can ever do. Our body is the most complex thing in the universe and if it is fed well, it works in the best possible way.
- Change your surrounding - Sometimes, we get so caught up in our daily routine that a small getaway can make a huge difference. A change in location helps to get the necessary break that was missing.
- Try a new hobby - Trying something new or learning a new skill has never harmed anyone, in fact, it helps you to overcome your fears and makes you fearless. It is also fun to come out of your monotonous life and try something that you have never done.
- Write a journal - Writing about your feelings in a way transfers your insecurities and makes you feel lighter. It is also a very efficient way to boost productivity and create ideas.
- Help the needy - Always try and compare your life with the unfortunate. This exercise helps us understand how fortunate we are and why it is important to value yourself and your life. Practice gratitude daily. Be thankful for who you are.
- Ask for help - Last but not the least, ask for help. If you feel low, talk to someone, ask for help. It can go a long way.
Remember, mental health is as important and physical well-being.